Why are Blinds and Awnings Important for our Home?
Our home is our castle and one of the biggest investments most people will ever make in their lifetime. Protecting that investments are a priority. Blinds and Awnings not only reduce energy bills and help maintain a comfortable environment in the home but they add to the value and beauty of the home giving it a more finished and upscale look.
Depending on what part of the world you live in blockout roller blinds can also be termed as ‘shades’. Window-Blind is made from all types of materials such as wood, bamboo, various metals, plastic, wood and the list goes on.
* Window-Blind are usually used to control the amount of sunlight into the home and therefore reducing the air conditioning needed to keep the home comfortable.
*Window-Blind are also effective in protecting your home’s furnishing from the damaging effects of UV exposure. UV exposure can lead to carpeting, couches and other sun-exposed furnishings in coming faded and discoloured over time.
*Window-Blind are not only pragmatic but can be stylish and add to the look of the interior and exterior of the home so choosing the right colour, style and material is crucial.
Offer the exterior of your home protection from wind, rain, snow and providing shade. Awnings also offer shelter of the interior of your home from the sun’s UV rays and the shade they provide lower the temperature inside the home. Awnings are usually made from canvas but also acrylic, cotton or polyester yarn, or vinyl laminated to polyester fabric.
* The benefits of canvas awnings are really popular because they come in every style and color imaginable pleasing even the finickiest customer’s fancy. Also, canvas awnings generally last 10 years and are pretty inexpensive to replace compared to other materials.
* The benefits of Synthetic and Acrylic Awnings are that this material is less susceptible to mould and decay and can endure the sun’s rays than other materials. Synthetic and Acrylic Awnings usually hold their form better than canvas.
* The benefits of Aluminum awnings is its durability. Aluminium awnings can be an attractive addition to your home’s exterior because it can be painted in any shade and the finished is baked on for a lasting colour. The material can last up to 40 years so this reduces replaces it replacement cost in comparison to other materials.
* Retractable awnings are making a comeback. This option allows homeowners the ability to switch up the look of their home and have the awning in use only when needed. Retractable awnings are usually waterproof and have a tension arm that allows for easy retraction of the awning.
* Pop-up canopies are an awesome option for a backyard baby shower, wedding or any type of small gathering. It allows the guest to have shade from the sun or rain while giving the homeowner the ability to easily remove it since it is not a permanent fixture.
* Retractable solar window awnings are a high tech solution for homeowners interested in Retractable Awnings but not wanting the hassle to manual handle the retraction. Retractable solar window awnings will automatically retract or extend your awnings in response to the sunshine.
How to Choose a Good Company for Awing and Window-Blind Installation
This is not the type of project of the neighbourhood handyman that a homeowner wants to take on. Awnings and Window-Blind are installed to stand the test of time. Also, poor installation can spoil the look of your home and lead to a failure of the product’s stability.
* You want a company with a long record of experience and dependability. Someone that is a leader in the field of Awning and Window-Blind Installation.
* Awnings are usually specialized and require detailed instructions on upkeep and maintenance.
* A company with a good reputation and numerous positive customer reviews can provide professional installation and maintenance. Your home desires nothing less.
* Many reputable companies will offer a warranty usually lasting 5 years or more. Having a warranty is invaluable in the case of needed maintenance or product upkeep instructions.
* Researching a company for installation that has an excellent record of clear communication with its customers.
* Equally important is that the company and employees are fully insured in-case of any damage done during an installation.
What Decision to Make regarding Awning-Coverage and Window-Blinds?
You have an important decision to make if you are choosing either of these products to install in your home. As stated above, these products can add value to your home. If down the road you plan to sell your home, you want new buyers to be instantly attracted to the colour scheme and look. Since these are fixtures that will last for years to come you need to be completely pleased with the total package. Technology can be very helpful in helping you to put together colour schemes and styles. Many companies have computer software that allows comparisons of material, style, colour and shape. The Internet is a great resource in finding homes similar to your own with these fixtures attached. Probing for various looks and styles that suit your colour palette. Then once you have in mind what you truly have fallen in love with then being able to show an Awnings/Blind installation company a picture of your mental image makes completing package easier to fulfil. Walk your neighbour and talk to homeowners that already have attractive Awnings/Blind installed and gain recommendation, information and suggestions from neighbours. Most important, take your time and do not allow anyone or company to apply pressure since this is a major expense and decision. Most of all Enjoy your Home and be Happy with your final purchase.